POTOSI COLONIAL MINES - Half Day
Code Program: PMH4
- Amazing hike through the inside of the biggest silver mine of the world, a complete adventure on its own.
- Take part in the local rituals to the legendary figure venerated from the miners called “El Tío” or the uncle, to whom they pray before going into the mine, asking to be kept safe.
We start at a traditional miner’s market, where everybody gets their supply of coca leaf, alcohol, and other ingredients to “Pijchar”, which is the name of the action of using this medicinal herb that is almost mandatory for miners in order to have the strength to work at this environment. Before going in, get equipped with a helmet, boots, jackets and flashlights explained by experts. Ascend to Sumaj Orcko, a high spot in the mountain where mineral is still being pulled today, go through narrow and dark mine paths that so many Andean miners have gone through, and witness the ritual to “el Tío”, to whom they pray to be safe while entering. After all this experiences you’ll get a different perspective of this place.
- Please check the minimum age for this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a VISA to enter Bolivia.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify as soon as possible.
- Please be aware that TRAVEL INSURANCE is compulsory for all travelers; otherwise you must inform UNIC TRAVEL BOLIVIA in order to provide you with insurance at an additional cost.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
- For the full details about CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS, see our GENERAL CONDITIONS.
- Included activities are exclusive to our group wherever possible, to minimize contact with others.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice.
- Visit this section to check out the latest on COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION.
PRICE - Code: PMH4
Per person, from
- Based on 4 passengers.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
GOT A QUESTION?
LEAVE A COMMENT
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *