3 Days / 2 Nights
From 10:00 To 10:30
- Capture surreal imagery through the world’s largest salt flat.
- Witness an old train cemetery, home of century-old relics that reminds us of those adventurers before us.
- Within this salt Paradise, at the Inkawasi island, watch how life beats all odds, as giant cacti grow in an island surrounded by wilderness
- Experience every shade of color imaginable as the sun sets with nothing more than nature in your sight.
- Tunupa Volcano, measuring a height of over 3.3 miles, this is the home of one of the most curious and mystic Andean legends.
- Cave mystery, thanks to the local weather, the Coquesa caves had preserved a grotto with local mummies from 700 A.D. This is a whole new take on history itself.
- Pink flamingos show you the way to different colored lagoons, from green to reed, indeed something you don’t find just anywhere.
- Everything is better with wine, so taste one of the finest wines Bolivia has to offer.
- Luscious hot springs, hydrating mud baths and the most relaxing time of your journey, this tour has a bit of everything.
- Giant geysers in the middle of the desert, light emanating from the ground, imagine the planet itself during it’s formation.
DAY 1: UYUNI – SALT FLAT- TAHUA OR SAN JUAN
It’s time to take a step into one of the best experiences that Bolivia can offer. We will make our first stop at the train cemetery full of 200-year-old train engines full of stories, plunged with history, myth and reality. Further, arrive at the Colchani town, where we find rustic factories and artisans working with the salt, creating products and sculpting all kinds of figures going forward, through bundles of salt guiding you across the salt desert, we’ll find ourselves at the bottom of the Tunupa Volcano, listen to its wonderful tales, enjoy the view, and realize the size of this white desert. Then, get ready to make your way to the amazing Inkawasi island, where giant cacti stand over 10 feet tall, offering a privileged landscape where you can take advantage of the enormous distance of the desert to take the famous perspective photos with the help of our experts, showing friends and family the majestic way in which the sky melts with the earth at the horizon, a great place to have our picnic lunch. So, as our favorite part of the day slowly comes, you’ll be able to witness a majestic sunset, that will change your perspective of the planet itself, many photographs have become internet staples, but they don’t manage to show what your own eyes can see, and the sunset will prove to be that much of a bigger deal. It’s finally time to rest and dinner, relax at the hotel and regain all your energy for the next day.
Overnight stay at local lodge
DAY 2: TAHUA OR SAN JUAN – RED LAGOON - HUAYLLAJARA
After a will deserved rest and a delicious breakfast, we continue our adventure at Chiguana, home of the Ollague balcony, from here, we make our way to the colored lagoons of Cañapa, Honda, Ramaditas and Hedionda, where you’ll be greeted by three different species of flamingos that make the perfect post-card-like imagery. Time for lunch at local restaurant. Going forward, The Red Lagoon, caused by underwater vegetation, which pink flamingos call a home, leads us to one of nature’s most impressive works, the Tree-Rock, a million-year-old formation that resembles a mirage in the middle of the desert, leaving us ready for dinner and head to the hotel.
DAY 3: HUAYLLAJARA - GEYSERS – GREEN LAGOON – UYUNI
And another great day awaits, after a delicious breakfast, head out to going forward to the geyser Sol de Mañana a moon-like landscape that shoots vapor above 50 feet into the air, making way to relaxing Hot Springs of Polques, where you’ll be able to use to bath if desired, in the middle of an astonishing view. We later cross the Desierto de Dali, until we reach the Green Lagoon, at the base of the Licancabur Volcano, that will leave a long lasting memory with it’s emerald shade. Return to Uyuni or continue to Hito Cajon. After all this majestic adventures the tour comes to an end, but it promises to linger in your mind for the rest of your life.
Private desert ride (in a 4×4 SUV)
Spanish and / or English speaking guide
Food as mentioned in the program
Basic accommodation with shared bathroom.
There is also a private bathroom option adding 73 USD per person in doble or triple rooms and 192 USD in case of a single room
In order to have the best experience possible, we suggest that you bring a coat, jacket, or a very warm sweater, gloves, a hat, sleeping bag, sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suit and a portable camera or Smartphone to capture the scenery.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Salt Flat UNIC + Sunset – Private Full Day
Coroico 2D/1N (Superior Hotel)
Sucre City Tour + Jatun Yampara- Full Day