- Built over four centuries ago, the church of the miraculous Candelaria Virgin of Copabana awaits your visit.
- Exciting boat ride across the lake, a deep blue landscape surrounded by all kinds of islands.
- Fascinating legends of the origins of the region’s most important empires around this lake at Sun’s Island, you can’t miss this one.
- Clear waters run through the best preserved spring of the country, the fountain of youth according to the Incas
- Meet the most direct descendants to the Incas in their homes, an amazing travel through time.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity of trying on authentic clothing and learn the making process and meaning.
- Enjoy the Apthapi, a local lunch tradition that will sure make a nice memory.
Early departure from La Paz and get ready to sail the highest lake in the world. The journey begins arriving at Copacabana, home of the famous Miracle Virgin María, kept at the 400-year-old church of Candelaria, make sure to follow the locals at bringing your wishes to her attention, she might just grant them. From here we take a boat to the Sun’s Island, which legend has it that the Incan empire was born at, a millenary culture that still leaves traces of their traditions, for example, the apthapi, one of their customs that you’ll be able to take part of as you have lunch in a community focused experience. Hike the ancient steps to find ”La Fuente de la Juventud” or the Spring of youth, enjoy a wonderful scenery and arrive at a balcony that lets you take a moment to realize the magnitude of this lake as seen from above. Get in touch with the locals, once in a lifetime opportunity of trying on authentic clothing and learn the making process, the meaning of the native culture and get to understand a vision of the world very different from what we think. From here, it’s time to take a ride to Puno, as your next destination.
Private land transportation, motor boat
Bilingual Spanish / English guide
Entrance to the island
In order to have the best experience possible, we suggest that you bring comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, a jacket, backpack, sunglasses and a portable camera or Smartphone to capture the scenery.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
La Paz Extreme City Tour – Half Day
Uyuni Salt Flats Superior + Sunset – Private Full Day